I want to make a quick note for myself about this idea on this concept “Braving” from this Book “Dare To Lead”. Couple of things stand out for me in here. Change starts from us. Another thought is Leader needs to get comfortable saying NO and have a long term thinking. It starts from doing the right thing over easy. All the more, we can lead others only by knowing oneself well.
For my future self and for people on the go –
- B = BOUNDARIES
- R = RELIABILITY
- A = ACCOUNTABILITY
- V = VAULT
- I = INTEGRITY
- N = NON-JUDGEMENT
- G = GENEROSITY
A Bit more detail
- Know your boundaries and clarify other’s boundaries. It also means you get comfortable to say NO.
- Knowing yourself of your limitations. When you know weakness, you won’t overcommit. It also means you will deliver on your commitment.
- One need to be accountable for his/her own actions. No Passing on blame or finger pointing.
- Our Mind is like a Vault. People have shared their informations about oneself. Never share that information to others which is not yours. Confidentiality.
- Choosing Courage over Comfort. Doing the right thing than the one which is fun, fast and easy.
- You share what you feel without being judging oneself.
- Be generous in your actions, words and intent. Having right intent when interacting with others.
This helps you become a trustworthy leader with lots of courage.
Subscribe To My Weekly Newsletter