Keeping Things Simple
Simple and easy are not the same thing. Entrepreneur success story may look simple, but it is not easy to live through it. Your parents life may look simple, but hardships and sacrifices they went through is not easy.
So simple means focusing on essentials. It’s hard to keep our focus on main things. To let
main things be main things. Focusing on few things at a given point in time is important. Similar to how you start your meditation practice, by focusing on your breath or training in gym, by doing focusing on basics. Before we dive deep into anything, it is important to focus and train hard on basics.
So how we achieve this simplicity in our life ? How to focus on basics in your life ?
- Start by doing simple things. Be kind to everyone. Watch this short 2 min video - Science of kindness
- Ruthlessly prioritize your to do things. How to Prioritize Your Life
- Understand everyone is trying their best in what in they are doing. read more on Tiny Buddha
- Be present - Anxiety about future, feeling about past actions is going to make things complex. Focus on the present. Keep bringing back your senses to present moment - This one thing has changed me a lot personally - read here on Psychology Today
- Finish what you start - It rewards your brain. You generate happiness by finishing what you started. I am trying hard on this point myself. One of the coach recommended this book to me
- Share how you feel. You don’t need to put brave face for everything. It’s okay to be vulnerable. A good support groups pulls you out when you feel you are in a pit. Another book recommendation from Brene Brown on vulnerability
- Keep an open mind. Be like water. Be flexible. be water my friend - Bruce lee
- Develop self-awareness - It complements
being present. Reflect on your actions.
- Keep a note of things you are thankful for. We take lot of things for granted in this life.
- Never over-commit. Be realistic when you promise something.
- Don’t compare yourself to others. Focus on your self-improvement.
- Read everyday. but why ?
- Eat healthy. Keep your food simple most of the time.
These are essentially note to my future self, but you might have couple to take away.