My take away From CEO of Shopify and 5-hour energy drink.
- Need a good product
- Need bit of luck
- You can do everything right, but without a good product you will still fail
- Need to figure out who your audience or target customers are.
- There are different kind of normal people with different background. Identifying and focusing on them is very important.
- On parenting, from Manoj Bhargava if you raised your son bad, why give him money. If you raised him good, why he needs your money.
- Bottom third of the world don’t have electricity. Serving people at bottom third, it’s costly and that’s a thrill.
- One thing we need to focus on, should be to use common sense and being determined.
- Resiliency - Your face hits the floor 20 times, you wake up 21st times.
- There should be a sense of urgency. Don’t delay. Do it immediately.
- Life of modesty does help.
- Have your data of your product for your VC pitch.
- Anxiety is common when you are an entrepreneur.
- Hear your customers
- Before spending time on advertising have a great product.
- If you can’t yourself your product, then you are a con-man selling something which you won’t use yourself.
- If you don’t believe there is no luck, then you are being arrogant.
- Eat when you are in hungry.
- Babies Turn away from Brest or bottle when they are full.
- Choosing from wide variety of food when you are hungry.
- Eating intuitively helps with self-image and controlled eating.
- Listen to your body.
- Pay attention to your hunger. Are you really hungry ?
- When you are hungry ( peak ) you start eating anything.
- Key is stop to have rules about food. There is room for all kinds of food.
- Mindfulness - really enjoy your food. You body will say when to stop.
- Ultimate goal is to be at peace with your food.
- You get to decide and you are in control. You can stop when you need to. Weight loss is not the goal of this type of good.
From Instagram Founders
- 50% time luck plays a part.
- What you do with your luck separates the sucessful and unsuccessful.
- Be ready to scale after launch
- Customers dont care how much money you have raised, they care about the product value it provides
- Need to be at right time and at right place.
- Best lesson for an entrepreneur is failure
- Sometimes you dont know the scale and reach of your product until you see it
- No amount of money equals the happiness of seeing your product being used and loved by someone.
- Product is all about what you solve and whom you are solving for.
- Small decisions go a long way. Decision to keep instagram open for anyone to follow you
From Linkedin Learning
How to look for productive solutions at workplace
- Hit the pause button and resume when everyone has calmed down.
- Bring forth your data and logic behind your idea.
- Always be fact based with your approach to deal with your concerns on anyone
- ask for concerns in public
- get conditional approvals to move forward.
- Seek out Objections.
- make your success their success
- Get written commitments for passive aggressive people
- Follow up on their commitments publicly
- Pay attention to patterns of failed commitments
- Have them explain shortfalls
- Information is power
- Without Information your idea cannot move forward.
- Ask your information in public
- GO forward with what you have
- Call out when information is not provided.
- Be rigorous of your efforts.
- RACI Matrix
- Consulted - these ppl have been consulted
- Involve others in the process
- Help others to understand their contribution
- Always get commitments in public
- Basic sensitivity analysis
- Place the burden of proof on their plate
- Build mentoring relationships
- Send recap emails after meetings
- Be patient and diligent
- Look for common interactions and relationships
- Build your own alliances
- Understand what is stakeholder’s concerns
- Question Motivations
- Seek to understand the situation before you commit
Subscribe To My Weekly Newsletter